Why Organic Eggs? Here are a Few Good Reasons
The organic food movement is in full swing. Consumers can buy organic anything it seems—from fruits and veggies, to meat, dairy, even crackers. We know you have several choices when it comes to your egg purchases, but we strongly encourage our customers to consider organic when it comes to eggs. Why organic eggs? There are many reasons to buy organic food for your family, but here are a few reasons why organic eggs are so important.
- Longer Life: some of the longest living people on the planet eat up to 3 eggs per week. Whether fried, boiled, or scrambled, eggs pair deliciously with tortillas, toast, or fruit.
- Pesticide Free: traditional hen farms are full of harmful pesticides—from the feed given to the chickens to growth hormones and antibiotics—and they can pass from the chicken to the egg. Organic eggs come from hens that are fed a diet that is natural to them and they are never given growth hormones or antibiotics.
- Outdoor Access: organic eggs come from hens that have access to outdoors. Why is this important? Because it makes them happier! And happy hens lay healthy eggs.
- Strict Enforcement: when a food is labeled “organic,” consumers can be sure that it has gone through a stringent certification process. Most other label claims, such as “all natural,” “low calorie,” or “pasture-raised” are not policed by the USDA. However, USDA certification for organic eggs is required for farmers with more than $5,000 in annual sales. Organic egg farms are inspected frequently for compliance.
- Vitamin Rich: studies have found that organic eggs contain higher amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids, forty percent more vitamin A, and twice as much vitamin E than their non-organic counterparts.
At Chino Valley Ranchers, we are committed to bringing our customers the healthiest organic eggs possible. We take the USDA regulations seriously, but more importantly, we take your health seriously! So the next time you think why organic eggs?, remember us and our commitment to you.