Little Summer Frittata
A little summer frittata! Perfect for when you want a tasty and nourishing breakfast or want to clean your fridge out! I made these using egg whites, but you can certainly use whole eggs too!
- 1 16 oz. egg white carton (I used Chino Valley Ranchers)
- 1 c cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 c spinach
- 1/2 a yellow squash
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 -1/2 tsp salt
- red chili flakes
- sea salt
- sesame seeds
- preheat oven to 350 F
- heat cast iron skillet or nonstick pan that can go into the oven ( if you don’t have one you can use a regular pan and then once cooking a little transfer over to an oven-safe dish to finish off baking).
- add avocado oil and make sure the oil gets around the edges. On medium heat cook onion until translucent and then add the squash. Cook for a little and then add cherry tomatoes and spinach.
- Let cook for a couple of minutes and then add egg whites and the rest of the seasonings. stir well. Cook for another 2-4 minutes.
- transfer to the oven and let it finish baking for about 20-25 minutes.
- check to see of the top is nice and golden. If it is then you are set to take out of the oven.
- let it sit for a few minutes and then add toppings and serve.
Thanks to Daniela from andapinchoflove for the yummy recipe!