There are many reasons to love eggs, especially 100 percent organic eggs from Chino Valley Ranchers! They are versatile. They are delicious. And, they are full of many essential vitamins and nutrients that have a positive impact on human health.
But it doesn’t stop there. Here are seven more ways that eggs can help improve your health:
- Rich in Protein — Protein is found in every cell structure and is known for naturally growing and repairing muscles fibers. An average egg is loaded with 9 essential amino acids (the building blocks of protein) and 6 grams of rich, healthy protein.
- Stronger Bones – Eggs are one only a few foods that naturally contain vitamin D, which is a micronutrient that helps build stronger bones.
- Heart-Healthy – Studies have shown that eggs are a great part of a heart-healthy diet and can reduce the risk the stroke by as much as 12 percent.
- Brain Function – Choline is a nutrient that helps improve brain function and cognitive performance in adults. It is also a valuable nutrient for pregnant woman because it contributes to fetal brain development and can help prevent certain birth defects such as spina bifida.
- Good Cholesterol – Contrary to popular belief, the cholesterol found in eggs is known for increasing HDL (good cholesterol) levels in the body. Plus, studies show that consuming eggs doesn’t have a significant impact on the actual cholesterol concentration in your blood.
- Cataract Prevention – Lutein and zeaxanthin are a couple of the antioxidants found in egg yolks that have been associated in reducing the risk of cataracts, which is the leading cause of blindness in people 65 and older.
- Filling & Nutritious – Even though an average egg is only 70 calories, it can be quite filling and will boost you with energy. This is especially helpful if you are trying to cut back on heavy carbs or sugary breakfast items.
They say an apple a day can keep the doctor away. At Chino Valley Ranchers, we’d like to amend that old saying by encouraging an egg a day to improve your health. To learn more about Chino Valley Ranchers organic, healthy, delicious and nutritious selection of eggs and egg products, contact us today.