How to Make a Delicious Herbed-Baked Egg
You might have had your eggs scrambled or fried, but have you ever had them baked before? Herbed-baked eggs, served in individual ramekins, are a tasty French dish. We at Chino Valley Ranchers know that it is a delicious meal, but most people in the states have never heard of it or tasted it before. That’s why we’re sharing a yummy herbed-baked egg recipe with you to try at home. Dig in!
What You’ll Need:
- 4 Chino Valley Ranchers eggs
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes
- 4 individual ramekins
- Unsalted butter
- Your favorite herbs (parsley, rosemary, basil, etc.)
- 4 tsp. of heavy cream
- 4 tsp. Parmesan cheese
- Butter the edges and bottom of the four individual ramekins.
- Place the tomatoes, herbs, half a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper into a bowl and mix the ingredients together. Once it’s evenly distributed in the bowl, divide the mixture into the ramekins.
- Cut two teaspoons of butter into small chunks and place it over each tomato and herbed mixture.
- Crack and break one egg into each ramekin. Sprinkle the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper over the eggs.
- Dribble a teaspoon of heavy cream on to each egg.
- Place the ramekin dishes on a baking tray and put them in the oven at 350° F. Let them bake for about 15 minutes. You want the yolks to have firm edges, but a soft center. Use a toothpick to see if it’s ready to be taken out.
- Take the ramekins out of the oven. For some extra flavor, add one teaspoon of Parmesan cheese over each egg.
Your herbed-baked egg is now ready to be eaten! To really make this meal stand out, it’s important to buy the best eggs. Chino Valley Ranchers supplies the freshest and most delicious eggs out there. For more information on our eggs, contact us today!