Egg-cellent Ways to Cook Your Eggs Series: Poached Eggs
To wrap up the egg-cellent ways to cook your eggs series, we’ve decided to share with you a egg cooking style that is often hard to master: the poached egg. We want you to be confident in your ability to cook poached eggs, so that’s why we are happy to share with you our tips on how to make an egg-cellent poached egg.
Before you begin cooking, the first step to making a delicious poached egg starts with the egg itself. Be sure to use the freshest eggs. If your eggs aren’t fresh, then the end result will not taste very good. To ensure that you have the best and freshest eggs, be sure to get your eggs from Chino Valley Ranchers, as you can count on us to have fresh, quality eggs all of the time. From there, you are ready to get cooking!
What You’ll Need:
- Chino Valley Ranchers eggs
- 1 pot of water
- Vinegar (optional)
- Gently simmer water in a pot. Be sure to not let it boil, as it will ruin the eggs. To add some flavor, you can add vinegar into the water, but that is purely optional.
- Crack the eggs into individual bowls. Then, drop the eggs into the pot, one by one, making sure the eggs do not touch each other.
- Let the eggs cook in the pot for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lift the eggs individually out of the water and check to make sure they are bouncy and ready to be eaten. Trim the edges of the egg to make it look more presentable.
From there, your poached eggs are ready to be served! Match it with some toast or anything else that sounds appetizing. You can even add some salt and pepper to bring some flavor to the eggs. To ensure the best quality of your poached eggs, be sure to purchase your eggs from Chino Valley Ranchers, as we produce fresh, quality eggs that taste delicious.