DIY Egg Face Masks
Have you ever wondered why people use eggs in their hair and on their skin? It sounds really gross (and it kind of is!), but just as eggs offer amazing health benefits when eaten, they also offer many benefits for the skin. Below are some of the benefits of egg whites on the skin.
- Protein: offers tissue repair and growth, providing users with strong skin that is wrinkle free.
- Potassium: hydrates the skin.
- Riboflavin: helps ward off free radicals, which damage cells and create wrinkles.
- Magnesium: provides users with youthful, radiant skin by slowing down the aging process.
Here are a couple of organic egg recipes for healthy, glowing skin.
Acne-busting organic egg mask recipe:
1 egg white (organic, of course!)
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (astringent)
½ teaspoon of honey (antiseptic)
- Whisk the egg white and lemon juice together until frothy, then add honey and stir.
- Wash your face with warm water. This will open up the pores. Using a cotton ball, gently apply the mixture to your face, avoiding mouth and eyes.
- Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes. When it’s nice and dry, scrub it off using warm water. Pat dry with a towel.
Hydrating organic egg mask recipe:
1 egg white
¼ ripe avocado (hydrates skin)
1 teaspoon of yogurt (eliminates bacteria)
- Mash the avocado with a fork until it’s nice and smooth (think lump free). Add the egg white and yogurt; mix well.
- Clean your face with warm water and pat dry. Apply the organic egg recipe to your face using clean fingers or a cotton ball. Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Wash the mixture off with lukewarm water (hot water dries skin out). Pat skin dry with a towel and apply your favorite moisturizer.
At Chino Valley Ranchers, we are happy to offer our customers healthy, nutrient-dense eggs. Whether you are using organic egg recipes for cooking or skincare, we are certain that our eggs are the best choice for your needs. Contact us today if you have any questions or need more information!