Eggs are usually p-egged as a breakfast food, but they boast more uses than just an omelet. They can be used both around the house and as part of a beauty care routine. So, whether you want a facial or you’re the crafty type, keep reading for some very unusual uses for organic eggs.
- Because they are full of protein, organic eggs offer an economical hair treatment. The egg yolk helps heal and moisturize damaged hair while the white sticks to dirt and helps remove it.
- Whether you need to moisturize your skin or help soothe wrinkles, eggs can come to the rescue. Egg whites tighten the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Egg yolks, on the other hand, moisturize dry skin.
- Arts and crafts. Most famously known for their ability to be dyed and decorated around Easter time, eggs can be used in other creative ways. Using a small pin, prick a hole on one side of the egg and allow the white and yolk to drain out. Decorate the eggshell to your liking.
- Enhance coffee. Adding crushed eggshells to ground coffee before brewing can bring the taste of the coffee to a whole new level.
- Clean leather. Whisk egg whites and apply a thin layer to the affected leather. Gently scrub the egg away. It will enhance the leather, leaving it clean and shiny.
At Chino Valley Ranchers, we know organic eggs. Our hens are offered only the best food and shelter and therefore we can offer you the best eggs available. Whether you plan on scrambling or frying them, or using them for better hair and skin, we suggest using only organic eggs from Chino Valley Ranchers. Contact us today if you have more questions!