Eggs are known for being a nutritious breakfast food, since they offer more nutrients than your average bagel or sugar-packed breakfast cereal does. But did you know that eggs are more than just a breakfast food – they make tasty snacks as well! Here are a couple of classic recommendations (with some twists) that will make your mouth water!
Snack #1: Hard-Boiled Eggs
Indulge in this uber-healthy snack. Hard-boiled eggs are packed with protein – in fact, whole eggs can contain 6 grams of protein or more!
What You’ll Need:
1. Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water.
2. Bring the pot to a boil at medium heat and cover the pan.
3. Remove from the heat and allow it to sit for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Drain the eggs and cool them in ice water.
For a twist, try a Chinese delight, Tea Eggs, by adding the following steps to the hardboiled recipe:
5. Tap the hard-boiled eggs with the back of a spoon to create little cracks in the shell, while still keeping it intact.
6. Add tea, soy sauce, and salt to the water and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Add the eggs and allow to simmer for about 2 hours.
8. Turn off the heat and keep the eggs in the water until you are ready to serve them.
Snack #2: Egg Custard
Egg custard may sound like a fancy treat reserved just for dinner parties, but they are easier to make then you think! After trying these on your own, they’ll be your favorite afternoon snack.
What You’ll Need:
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Whisk together all ingredients until they are combined.
3. Pour the mixture into custard cups and place cups on baking pan.
4. Fill pan with hot water to reach half-way up the sides of the custard cups.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven until custards are set and allow them to completely cool.
Snack #3: Minute Mug Eggs
The fastest way to cook an egg is in the microwave. Just beat a raw Chino Valley Ranchers egg with some nonfat milk and pour it in a microwave-safe mug. Heat it for one minute, and you’ll have some delicious scrambled eggs that are easy to take on the go!
Eggs are one of the healthiest proteins you can include in your daily diet. Whether you have them as a treat at home or while going to work, Chino Valley Ranchers’ eggs are there for you the whole day long. To learn more about our products, contact us today!